Beauty Tips for Healthy Skin
Morning Routine by Elisabeth Gierus
Turn your home into a wellness temple
Fancy a relaxing facial or face massage at home? We collected our best beauty tips and face massage instructions in our 'Wellness at Home' leaflet (German only). We also prepared a "Wellness at Home" set containing 8 organic skin care products. That way you have everything you need for a facial and relaxing massage at hand. Download the leaflet, grab your beauty products and get your own wellness temple started.
DIY Face Massage
An anti-stress face massage can delay aging by stimulating the blood circulation and improving facial movement.
The face has a large amount of free nerve endings, which is why a facial massage can be very impactful in the same way the rest of the body is. You can see a clear effect and your skin will appear younger and more relaxed.
The face muscles are – opposite to the muscles in the rest of the body – attached directly to the skin which influences our looks directly. This is also the reason why your mood is mirrored in your face. Stress and tensions can contract your face muscles, leaving a hard and angry look. That is an issue where a face massage will reduce the tensions and provide the face with a friendlier and gentler look. On the other hand, the aging process can weaken the muscles in your face leaving it with thin lines around the mouth, the eyes and in the forehead.
Use pressure and stroke your face without pulling the skin, when treating yourself with a face massage. Make it part of your daily rituals and incorporate this 3-5 minute routine, to pamper yourself.
Step 1: Stimulating massage
- Apply 5 drops of serum (for you skin type) with your fingertips.
- Gently spread it over your cheeks, forehead and chin.
- Pad the serum on the rest of you face and neck with slow, light movements.
- Massage your face with circle movements upwards and only with light pressure.
Step 2: Relieve tensions
- Place your hands on each side of your nose.
- Gently press your ears with your thumbs.
- Move your index finger from nose towards your ears, in line with your cheekbone.
- Smoothen your skin under your eye moving towards the temples.
Repeat six times.
Step 3: Calming massage
- Place your hands right over your eye brows.
- Press your thumb and index finger between the eye brows and hold the pressure for 5 sec.
Repeat five times.
Step 4. Erase your forehead wrinkles
- Place your fingertips in the centre of your forehead
- Massage with circular movements from the centre to the side, direction the temples.
Repeat until you feel relaxed.
The skin has now absorbed the serum but if any serum remains, rub it on your hands and cuticles.
Elisabeth Gierus Skincare serums are water free and produced with organic vitamins, oils and plant extract, making the skin becoming smooth and beautiful.
How to avoid chapped and dry lips
There is no time of year where you can completely avoid chapped and dry lips. Cold weather and dry heat damage your lips in the winter, while sun, salty water and warm weather are just as damaging during the summer months.What can you do?